Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pom Pom Craft

I am not the craftiest person, but today I tried something out. Tissue paper pom poms for the nursery. These are going over the glider (that we just purchased used on eBay for only $69!) to act as a mobile during nursing sessions. :) I found this craft on Martha Stewart's website and it was SOOOOO easy. It's also a great craft for decorations for a baby/bridal shower or summer party. On her website you can also make napkin rings out of these.

Supplies needed:

  • Tissue Paper
  • Scissors
  • Floral Wire

1. Get 8-10 pieces of rectangular tissue paper and stack them neatly.

2. Begin folding and creasing the tissue paper in an accordion folder (about 1"-1.5" folds) all the way to the end.
3. Cut the ends into a point (or rounded if you want a more structured look)


4. Feel something weird behind you...realize that your dog has been watching over your shoulder creepily and quietly.

5. Wrap a 8"-10" long piece of floral wire around the middle of the strip of tissue paper and twist.
6. Pull around each end to form a circle fan type thing.

7. Very carefully start pulling each layer apart and fluffing them together.

8. Voila! I did 3 more after this and they turned out much better, but this is the general look of the poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment