Friday, July 17, 2009

Work and an update on the diet

So I started Atkins on Wednesday and yesterday I had full on symptoms of ketosis (the state you need to be in to lose weight) I feel a lot lighter and have already started losing some mass (possibly water weight but hey I'll take it!). I decided I'm going to follow it as close as I can but that I'm not going to miss out on things like having a tiny slice of birthday cake (or half a cupcake today for Lexie's birthday!) but I won't be drinking for a few weeks - not that I drink much to begin with but I'm completely cutting out the glass of wine I have with dinner sometimes and absolutely no beer. I figure it's only three weeks and I can totally handle doing without something for that long. Yesterday I was super fatigued and really irritable, but today I'm much less irritable and not as fatigued. Today is the 9th birthday of one of my kids- Lexie - so I've been letting her do some stuff that the other students aren't doing and one of the things she asked if she could do was go to the workroom and do math with me. Isn't that weird? I hated math when I was her age, but I of course said yes so here I am in the workroom listening to Lexie and Lindsay solve multiplication problems! Good times. Anyway I just thought I would write a little update! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment