
So the wedding happened... 2.5 weeks ago. I can't believe it's been that long already! I have been in a frenzy trying to get life back together with starting school and all so expect some compound blogging and multiple backdated blogs. I have been so busy that I haven't even been able to think about blogging, so I've started a few blogs and then never finished them. In fact I am starting this blog entry right now and who knows when it will get finished! Anyway, here's the wedding timeline of how Casey Page & Sarah Wood became Mr. & Mrs. Page.
August 6-8th, 2010 - Bachelorette Party in New Orleans = Amazing.
August 10-13th, 2010 - Mom comes down and we rush to get stuff in my classroom set up.
August 14-16th, 2010 - Daddy comes in for his birthday weekend. We go to Galveston for his birthday and then to a BBQ at Marie & Kevin's (Casey's parents). Unfortunately I cannot find pictures from this week!
August 16-20th, 2010 - Work week at school! Probably the most stressful week of my life... I was fine until Thursday when I was sitting at Post Elementary at a workshop and I flipped out. I realized that I was sitting in a room basically accomplishing nothing (except learning about the new curriculum)... It took everything I had not to start crying because I knew that I had SO much to do and literally only 48 hours to do it. I kind of felt like a wimpy Jack Bauer... I knew I had to do it and the clock was ticking..
August 20th - Get off work at 11:30 and Aunt Lorie came up to school so I would have someone to ride with up to Austin. The rehearsal dinner was perfect and I was so glad we got to hang out with everyone that night and try to calm our nerves. After the rehearsal dinner we hung out for a bit with everyone and then the girls and I went up to our suite to get some sleep. This turned into us ordering pizza from Papa John's and then going to sleep - what can I say, I had been a ball of nerves all week and not eating.
August 21st - Wedding Day!
Wake up to a beautiful day and head down for breakfast with everyone. I'm so glad Casey and I didn't do the whole "him not seeing me until the wedding" thing because I feel like that would have been so stressful. After a wonderful breakfast Leigh Anne and I headed to the mall to get our makeup done and then back to the hotel where Megan was waiting to do our hair. I seriously have the best friends ever because I was a total bridezilla that weekend because I don't deal very well with stress and they were so accommodating and helpful. Before I knew it it was time to head over to the bridal suite to put my dress on.
A while back Casey and I had decided to do the "First Sight" thing before the wedding to get rid of some of our nerves and I'm SO glad that we did. It really took the edge off and it was so nice to get to talk to him when he first saw me in my dress.
The ceremony was absolutely perfect. Even though my best friend ended up getting violently ill and quietly had to exit the altar, I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding ceremony. It was amazing.
At this point it is now September 27th, more than a month after the wedding and I still have not finished this post. All I can say is that through the bumps and stresses, it was still the best day of my life and I am so happy that I got to spend it with my wonderful friends and family.
We are about to get all of our photos back from the photographer, so I will definitely post photos ASAP!
Wake up to a beautiful day and head down for breakfast with everyone. I'm so glad Casey and I didn't do the whole "him not seeing me until the wedding" thing because I feel like that would have been so stressful. After a wonderful breakfast Leigh Anne and I headed to the mall to get our makeup done and then back to the hotel where Megan was waiting to do our hair. I seriously have the best friends ever because I was a total bridezilla that weekend because I don't deal very well with stress and they were so accommodating and helpful. Before I knew it it was time to head over to the bridal suite to put my dress on.
A while back Casey and I had decided to do the "First Sight" thing before the wedding to get rid of some of our nerves and I'm SO glad that we did. It really took the edge off and it was so nice to get to talk to him when he first saw me in my dress.
The ceremony was absolutely perfect. Even though my best friend ended up getting violently ill and quietly had to exit the altar, I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding ceremony. It was amazing.
At this point it is now September 27th, more than a month after the wedding and I still have not finished this post. All I can say is that through the bumps and stresses, it was still the best day of my life and I am so happy that I got to spend it with my wonderful friends and family.
We are about to get all of our photos back from the photographer, so I will definitely post photos ASAP!

No comments:
Post a Comment