Monday, January 18, 2010

Lunch and Dinner

Being on a low-carb diet, it can sometimes be difficult to come up with creative meals. I was feeling creative for lunch yesterday so I made chicken salad over baby spinach leaves. Here is my recipe for chicken salad (today, it varies depending on my mood) and here is a picture of lunch! I don't measure out portions because I just add things as I like them.

Shredded chicken from leftover chicken thighs I made in the crock pot
Mayo - the real stuff - no low fat here (low fat or fat free actually has more carbs)
Slivered almonds
Diced baby gherkins (dill pickles)
1 - sliced up boiled egg
a few diced up pickled jalapenos (jalapenos in the jar)
kosher salt (it makes anything taste 10 times better)
fresh ground black pepper

I mixed this up and put it over a bed of baby spinach leaves and then sliced up some avocado to put on top. My room mate Jennifer also loved this!


For dinner I decided to try out a meal that my friend Sarah Beth posted on her blog. It was REALLY good and pretty low carb as well. Here is our version of Pesto Chicken with sweet potato fries and roasted asparagus. YUM!

The glass of red wine is of course optional, but I love a good glass of red with dinner. Wine makes everything feel more formal!

No comments:

Post a Comment