Monday night Casey and I went to Opening Day at Minute Maid Park and it was super fun! I had bought the tickets on Ticketmaster two days after tickets went on sale and I chose the "best available" option. Well Ticketmaster lies because the seats we were in were definitely NOT the best available. They were nosebleed seats but we still had a good time and there were definitely some interesting people to watch. Next time I will buy from Stub Hub! Anyway, about halfway through the game we got up to get nachos (no big deal) and when we got back to our seats there were 3 guys sitting in them. Since we weren't sitting in our correct seats either, we went ahead and sat down in some other empty seats beside them. The guy I was sitting by was ON THE PHONE for at least 20 minutes of the game. This is through me yelling at Carlos Lee, through the 7th inning stretch and me belting out "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" AND "Deep In the Heart of Texas", and again yelling at the Ump. Also - his friends are yelling "DUDE - GET OFF THE PHONE!!!!" at him. I finally look over and he's CRYING. I start to feel bad and motion to his friend that he's crying and the guy goes "YEAH I KNOW WHAT A TOOL!". He finally gets off the phone and turns to me and says "Sorry I'm crying like a baby, but my mom loves me SO much... and I'm having girlfriend troubles" He then proceeded to ask Casey and I for relationship and life advice. Good times. Anyway, that was fun listening to a drunken, sobbing 26 year old man, but finally they got a call from someone in a better section and went down there. The Astros ended up losing, but they gave it a good shot in the 8th and 9th innings. We won last night though so I am very happy about that and EXTREMELY glad it's baseball season again. I just can't get into basketball or football. GO ASTROS!!!
In other news: My cousin Curtis' son Cory is having surgery today on his heart and I need everyone to pray pray pray for him to make it through and have a good recovery. He was born with a congenital heart defect and the doctors have been saying that they don't think he is going to make it. He made it to his 1st birthday so that's good, but we still need him around here on Earth so please please please pray for him and his family.

Also, please pray for my cousin Jennifer's friend Siobhan (pronounced Sha-von). She is another Air Force wife and lives next door to Jen and Chris up in Minot. She is pregnant with a little boy named Collin and they recently found out he has Asymmetrical Disorder and they are probably going to have to deliver him VERY early so that they can incubate him and hope that his body catches up. Please pray that they don't lose him and that he makes it and grows big and strong.

No comments:
Post a Comment