Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yay for the weekend!

Wow, it feels like the weekend just got here and here it is halfway through Sunday. A lot has happened since Wednesday: I got my application for the teacher's certification filled out and sent in with all of my transcripts and such. I completely forgot I ever took a class at UT so I had to dig for that transcript! Wednesday night Bunko was a lot of fun and it was Shanna's birthday so Brittani had made cupcakes that were really good, here are some pictures:


Me and Andi

Nichole, Tabitha, and Emily

Shanna blowing out the candle on her Birthday Cupcake! (Brittani didn't have any birthday candles, so she used a tea-light, hahahaha.
Thursday night was really mellow, Casey went to stay the night with Elliott (Soeder) because he had to work on a claim Friday morning so I got the snuggle with the dogs on the couch and watch American Idol in peace (Casey hates that show). :)

Friday was a great day, I got a lot done at work and also it was Farmers Profit Sharing Day for Casey (meaning he got his yearly profit sharing bonus). It's always a good day for the claims guys because they work really hard and don't really see the fruits of their labor until this day. I got a call from Casey around 3:00 asking my opinion on a significant purchase and now we are the proud owners of this:


We are super excited and it's a really nice Kayak so it should last us for years and years. Friday night we went over to Chris and Jessica's and the guys played ping pong and me and Jess talked about the rehearsal dinner and bachelorette party. I can't believe these two will be married in 3 weeks!

Saturday was a busy, busy day. We got up around 8ish and I went ahead and put a swatch of color on the wall in our bedroom so we could be sure that we wanted to paint it that exact color. We chose this beautiful gray-green color called Hardware by Sherwin Williams. It ended up being perfect!!



After that I went to Hobby Lobby and Charming Charlie with Jessica and we had a great time just shopping around and Jessica found necklaces for the bridesmaids to wear at the wedding. They are super cute! I had no idea how awesome Charming Charlie is- I think it's my new favorite store! (Note: Mom - we'll have to go there next time you are in!) I also finally got some curtain rods for the HUGE bedroom windows so we can finally put the valances up. I can't wait to post pictures whenever the bedroom is finally finished. The rest of Saturday Casey worked on his Continuing Education for his Claims Adjuster license and that took him about 6 hours. I spent most of the day out of the house shopping so that Casey could concentrate. When I finally got home I grilled some pork chops and made mashed potatoes and baked beans for dinner - yum! We finished the night up by painting a little more in the bedroom and ended up sleeping on the couch with the dogs.

Today we have just been working on the living room floor all morning trying to get that nasty gummy stuff up that our PB rug left and getting the living room back together. We'll probably be sleeping in the guest room for a couple of nights until we can get the bedroom painting finished up.

I have to go get ready for Jessica's Bridal Shower now- I will try to post pictures from that when I get home! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. love reading your blogs! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete